Well Beings: A Guide to Health in Child Care
The 2015 edition of Well Beings is more than a reprint. This definitive Canadian guide to healthy child care has all the great information in the 3rd (2008) edition, plus new expert-reviewed content:
- Guidance on physical activity—how much and what kind do young children need?
- Revised guidance on first foods, considerations of obesity, and safe food handling.
- Changes to the sequence for CPR.
- Caring for children with chronic diseases such as type 1 diabetes, sickle cell disease and FASD.
- How to manage specific infections, with revised protocols for dishwashing and disinfection in the child care setting.
- Updated and additional selected resources at the end of each chapter.
Well Beings is packed with useful forms, checklists, tools and resources—many of which are also available as online resources.
This comprehensive reference is a must for child care centres, agencies and home-based providers, early childhood instructors and students, and public health professionals. With so much information on the daily care, health and safety of children from birth to preschool, it is also an indispensible resource for physicians and parents alike.
This textbook is used for the Northern Lights Health, Safety and Nutrition Course which is one of a few courses that can be taken to get your Early Childhood Educator’s Assistant Certificate. The lending library has 4 copies available for lending.
Edited by Denis Leduc