Community Outreach Coordinator
25-30 hours/week until March 31st, 2020 (with possibility of extension)
Wage commensurate with education and experience
The Haida Gwaii Child Care Resource and Referral program provides support, resources and referral services for child care providers, parents and caregivers in all communities on Haida Gwaii with the mandate of promoting quality child care choices that meet the needs of local families.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with people, be organized, personable, efficient, computer savvy and comfortable working as part of a team as well as on their own. Preference will be given to candidates with an Early Childhood Educator Certificate, or to those who are interested in pursuing one.
The individual may be based in any island community with access to the office space in the IWS building. The successful candidate will be required to attend monthly IWS staff meetings and take part in decision making with staff and board in our consensus based organization. Benefits are available after the successful completion of a three-month probationary period.
- Participate in outreach activities and build partnerships with other programs or agencies in the community (e.g. schools) and agencies and associations that support and represent all aspects of the licensed Child Care sector
- Support local child care planning activities through participation in events, conferences or community working groups (e.g. UBCM planning grants for local governments)
- Work with the Program Coordinator and local Child Care centres on a ECE/ECEA recruitment plan
- Assist licensed child care centres with applying for grant funding for specific desired program outcomes
- Support in offering professional development opportunities for Early Childhood Educators and parents/caregivers
Please forward your cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15th at 5pm. If you have any questions please call 250-559-4711 or email the above address.