Family and Resource Consultant (South End)
12-month Temporary Contract covering Maternity Leave
Starting date mid-August 2020 (with possibility of extension)
30 hours/week -Wage commensurate with education and experience
The Haida Gwaii Child Care Resource and Referral program provides support, resources and referral services for child care providers, parents and caregivers in all communities on Haida Gwaii with the mandate of promoting quality child care choices that meet the needs of local families.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with people, be organized, personable, efficient, computer savvy and comfortable working as part of a team as well as on their own. Preference will be given to candidates with an Early Childhood Educator Certificate, or to those who are interested in pursuing one.
The individual should be based in the South End of Haida Gwaii with access to the office space in the IWS building. The successful candidate will be required to attend monthly IWS staff meetings and take part in decision making with staff and board in our consensus based organization. Benefits are available after the successful completion of a three-month probationary period.
- Partner with other programs or agencies in the community (e.g. schools) that support and represent all aspects of the licensed Child Care sector, including offering Outreach Programming (e.g. Playgroups, Roots of Empathy, Mother Goose, Let’s Talk etc.) and drop-in activities for parents, caregivers and community stakeholders
- Support local child care planning activities through participation in events, conferences or community working groups (e.g. Child Care Action Planning Committee)
- Work in conjunction with the Program Coordinator to assist with ECE recruitment and Professional Development opportunities for ECEs/parents/caregivers
- Provide support to existing child care/family support programming
- Manage main Lending Library and organize pick-up/drop-offs for southern communities outside of QC and ensuring clients have access to resources and equipment
- Assist clients with membership sign-up, car seat lending, Affordable Child Care Benefit applications, referrals to Child Care, photocopies, and other community referrals
- Put together the Quarterly Early Years Newsletter and Community Program Guides
Please forward your cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 10th. If you have any questions please call 250-685-8105 or email the above address.